Dance Project is excited to wrap up our second annual Dance Marathon to support the mission and activities of our School at City Arts! This event was a full-day of dance fun–12 hours of classes, performances, prizes, dance relays, and party time to shake your tail feathers!
Thank you for helping us surpass our goal of $7500, to raise just over $7800!
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2018
Place: In and around the Greensboro Cultural Center. 200 N. Davie St, Greensboro, NC 27401
Our goal at the School at City Arts is to make professional quality dance education accessible to as many people as possible.
Through our on-going classes for children and adults, outreach activities, and other special programs around town, we:
- Provide affordable access to dance through scholarships and outreach programs
- Encourage freedom of expression and creativity
- Promote self-confidence and healthy living
- Nurture and train the future of dance
The Dance Project Dance Marathon is a fundraiser to help the School at Dance Project ensure that we may continue to provide unique and vital opportunities for our community. And we know that YOU can help us reach our goal!
Our goal is $7,500 for our 2018 Dance Marathon.
We know that YOU can help us reach that goal. Here is how you can help:
-Just come and Dance! *Suggested donation of $10 an hour to participate!
-Share on social media: #DPDM2018
- A team can consist of one or more participants.
- The goal for each member of the team is to raise at least $120 ($10 for each hour of the event).
- You do not have to be a part of Dance Project to be on a team and to participate. Invite your friends and family to participate–the more the merrier!
- Each team member will be responsible for tracking their donations made by cash or check on a tracking sheet in the team tool kit.
- At least one team member should be on the dance floor at all times throughout the day.
- Any dancer 12 and under must be accompanied by a Parent Representative.
- Each team will get their own page on our website to track the progress of their donations.
- All donations and tracking sheets are to be turned into Lauren Joyner by March 23rd– no later!
- All participants must sign a waiver upon dancing or creating a team that will cover liability, photo/video, and that each participant understands the rules and regulations of the event.
- Your team representative will click here to register your team.
- Once your team representative has registered your team they will receive an email from dance project including these three things:
- Link to the web page for sponsors to donate for YOUR team.
- Link that can be shared with your team members to add themselves to your team. Click Here to join your team once it is created.
- A link to the team tool kit that will include all of the tools that you need to meet your goal. Click Here for the Team Tool Kit.
- Once your Team Representative has registered your team you will need to make sure that you join your team.
- You can also pick up postcards from Dance Project at the office or from your teacher. These postcards will help you spread the word and reach your goal
Schedule for Dance Marathon 2018
8:30-9:00 am: Check-in/Breakfast by Biscuitville (Studio 323)
9:00-9:15 am: Welcome to the Dance Marathon! (Studio 323)
9:15-9:45 am: Morning Warm-up with Kaity Mann (Studio 323)
9:45-10:00 am: Team Introductions (Studio 323)
10:00-10:20 am: Open Dance Time (Studio 323)
10:20-10:30 Drawing #1
10:30-11:15 am: Intergenerational Creative Dance Class with Dylan Reddish (Studio 323)
11:15-11:20 am: Drawing #2
11:20-12:15 pm: Irish Dance Class with Dylan Reddish (Studio 323)
12:15-12:20 pm: Drawing #3
12:20-1:00 Performances: Greensboro Ballet, Mel & Victoria Paterline (Ballroom), YoungMaster Fred (Capoeira), Sapphire Studio Cloggers, Dance Project Student Performance Companies (Studio 323)
1:00-1:05 Drawing #4
1:05-1:30 Lunch Break
1:30-2:15 Build a Chance Dance with Anne Morris (LeBauer Park South Lawn)
2:15-3:00 Dance Battle Techniques with Tyler “Extra” McNeil (LeBauer Park South Lawn)
3:00-3:15 pm: Drawing #5
3:15-3:30 Drumline through the Park
3:30-4:15 Afro-contemporary class w/ Milanda McGinnis (LeBauer Park South Lawn)
4:15-5:00 pm: Belly Dancing class with Fauna (Lebauer Park South Lawn)
5:00-5:15 pm: Drawing #6 (Van Dyke Performance Space)
5:15-6:00 pm: Dance for the Camera Workshop w/ Anne Morris
6:00-6:45pm: Street Dance class w/ Dom from The BBoy Ballet
6:45-7 pm: Drawing #7
7:00-7:30 pm: Free Dance Party & pizza
8:00-8:05 pm: Drawing #8
8:05-8:50 pm: Cuban Salsa Social with Steven Messina
8:50-9:00 pm: Grand Finale